BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 7, 2013

Meatless Monday: Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup

Welcome to Meatless Monday! I want to share with you, a new recipe. Meatless. Hold your horses there. If you are anything like Scott, you are about to pass out!! I remember, almost four years ago, when I brought this up to Scott. Meatless Mondays. No meat. Not at dinner. He didn't understand. Thought I was going nuts!!
 
Then in January 2010, we took the plunge. Stopped eating meat on Mondays. Not just at dinner. But all day long!! And my carnivore, learned a new way to living. Was it easy? Not really. Scott lives on meat and potatoes. It's all he ever wants. All day long! But I knew I had to do this, for both of us.
 
It's taken some time, but we've adjusted. We've learned new things. Tried so many recipes! Found new blogs to love. And collected a good stash of recipes. It doesn't mean that I've stopped looking. But it's helped me, to get a start.
 
From now on, I'm going to share some sort of Meatless Monday recipe with you. Something that I found, and love. Or something that sounds so interesting. That I must try it! I hope you get on board with me. Or that you are at least, encouraged to try something new. And as always, if you have something you want to share, email me at ImAViolet (at) hotmail (dot) com.
 
Our first Meatless Monday recipe, comes from one of my favorite blogs! V.K. Rees Photography. I first found this blog, on Pinterest. I found some yummy looking pins. And started to follow a few links. Before I knew it, I was here!! What a delight.
 
It's still cool around here. Not cold. Like in other parts of the country. I live in Texas. And well, the weather has a mind of it's own here. Not really cold. But it's still winter. And I still crave a good soup. Months ago, I found this recipe. For Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup with a Bread Crust. Yum!!
 
 
When I first read over the recipe, it sounded a bit complicated. To be 100% honest, I wasn't going to try it. But then, I had a free weekend. Scott was gone working. And I was a gal, with many hours of free time.

I made a quick dash to the store. And tackled this recipe. All I can say is yum! This is know a regular of ours. And not just on Mondays. It's that good. Scott likes to eat this, with a pork chop. You know, when it's not Monday. It surprises me, how many times he requests this recipe. And it's only been a few months,since I first found it. I can see us eating this yummy soup, for years to come!! That crust, makes the entire soup! It's like a yummy biscuit....that you dunk into the soup.

I'd definitely recommend trying this out. It's super tasty. Not too difficult. And well, something yummy, to warm your belly. Hope you like it too! ~V

0 comments: